Happy Birthday to me !

This is my 36th birthday. 36 years of existing on planet earth.

36 years of knowing my parents and brother, 14 years of knowing Akshay. 

Life has given me loving people in life I cannot debate on that, ever.

Universe or life what do we call it.. coz life is what is happening, the universe made these destinies possible, small curves in our human life which have landed each of us on different destinations across this world.

We all are unique in our own sense.

Birthday is a good time to be grateful to these. Assess your life full circle whether we are the best version of ourselves or not. Are we good humans or not? Are we empathetic, honest, ego-less souls? 

More time to ponder because at 36 you have all maturity to ponder on these things.

On this day I cannot be more thankful to Akshay for being the "hole - filler" in my journey to be mature. Whenever I feel I am stuck and I am unable to see the bigger picture. He has cosntantly reminded me of same. I think after knowing me for so many years he connects with me.

Am I keeping him happy..I mean am I senstive to his talks, reply to him deeply with emotion? I do not.

I think I can improve on that a lot. There is always one more meeting to be done, one more game to be played with A, one more online grocery order to do..in the last few months I have sat down with him. It is never a dedicated time. Are we out of topics? I do not know ..we can always open a new can. I think we need to give ourselves that time, devoid of A- so that we can talk about ourselves.

What about other aspects of life?

Are you doing enough for other people on this planet with lesser opportunities. Yesterday I was struck by what Sudha Murti had to say, amidst my love for Ananya and splurging on her (not actually splurging..doing a lot less) I completely forgot how it is for other kids who have less opportunity. 

And what if she doesn't see me doing good for less opportune people..will she grow out to be as good a human being as world needs?


What are the top things I should be teaching ananya-


1. Skills - Singing songs, Learning music, swimming, Learning dance, 

2. Being independent - potty training becomes a part of it 

3. Unique skills - reading is really good

4. No self doubt - confidence

5. Empathy


Then comes urself.

One important thing I learned while reading somewhere --- Leave self-doubt to others. You must be confident of yourself.

Summary Learnings - 

1. I think we need to give ourselves that time, devoid of A- so that we can talk about ourselves.

2. Be more giving -- have some social charity also on

3. Teach Ananya some skill at home like Piano lesson, Learning letters, playing simple songs

4. Never self doubt yourself

5. Call your loved ones today - instead of waiting for them to call you.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review : "Unfair Trade" by Conor Woodman

Nanaji - To you with Love

A mom's realization on the birthday night.